LINE-X is the nation’s leading provider of spray-on protective coatings. Our products are utilized in commercial, industrial, agricultural, military and custom applications. LINE-X specializes in spray elastomers polyurethanes and polyureas and has led the industry through many years of actual field testing. Specialized equipment is combined with the right materials and product knowledge to produce sprayable elastomeric coatings.
LINE-X is the recognized leader in this industry.
Examples of LINE-X leadership include:
- Only company in the industry with dedicated full-time Research & Development staff and a 15,000 square foot research facility.
- Recognized market leader in the spray-on truck bedliner industry consistently since 2005 (Source Frost & Sullivan Study 2006 and 2008)
- First successful high temp/high pressure elastomeric bedliner.
- First nationwide spray-on truck bedliner and protective coating franchise. Recognized in INC 500 and Entrepreneur Magazines. Also recognized in most major truck publications including Motor Trend, Truckin, Sport Truck, Street Trucks, Petersons 4-Wheel and Offroad and many more.
- First commercially available pure polyurea.
- First to develop a bomb blast coating. This coating has been tested by Army Corps of Engineers and the Air Force Research Laboratory. Product recognized by Popular Mechanics, Nationwide TV News Media, and Sixty Minutes II.
- First to apply a non-skid pure polyurea onboard a U.S. Navy Submarine.
- First spray-on product to meet MSHA requirements for acceptance of flame-resistance solid products taken into mines.
- Only spray-on product in its category to be accepted by MSHA as non-strength enhancing mine sealant.
LINE-X consists of several different products.
All systems utilize a two-component, spray-in-place, 100% solids (no air pollution), thermoplastic polyurethane and polyurea.
There are two separate materials that are precisely dispensed through a high pressure, plural component internal mixing polyurethane spray machine. They are each heated to 120-140 degrees with the temperature maintained through a heated hose. Using high pressure, the materials are mixed internally at a 1:1 ratio at the tip of the spray gun. As the material is applied it takes less than 5 seconds for it to harden. As soon as LINE-X lands on the surface, it’s dry!
LINE-X products are a fast-cure, multipurpose series of coatings designed for a wide range of retail, commercial, and industrial uses. They exhibit excellent adhesion to most properly prepared surfaces. With its fast cure time, it can be sprayed vertically and even overhead without running or dripping. There are no solvents associated with LINE-X products, which means there are no air pollutants or harmful environmental contaminates.
LINE-X Protective Coatings are resistant to most solvents and acids, making them ideal for industrial and commercial applications where corrosion is prevalent. Using LINE-X greatly extends equipment and vehicle life expectancy. It has a high “shore D” hardness rating, offering excellent impact resistance and superior tensile strengths (up to 6,600 psi) resulting in outstanding abrasion resistance. Because the material is sprayed, there is a complete seal, making the coating “water tight”.
LINE-X Protective Coatings (www.Line-X.com) is the nation’s leading developer and provider of high performance protective coatings offering scientifically formulated polymers that permanently bond to a wide range of surfaces for unmatched durability. LINE-X products are utilized in automotive, commercial, light industrial, heavy industrial, agricultural, military, marine and custom applications. Headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, with more than 400 locations in 26 countries, it is the goal of LINE-X to consistently produce the highest quality and most reliable materials available.
PAXCON was created and developed by the LINE-X Company as a high-performance, blast-resistant coating suitable for a wide variety of applications. LINE-X , best known for its worldwide network of spray-on truck bedliner franchises, is constantly looking for new and innovative uses for its polyurethane/polyurea based products. It is this pioneer spirit that led LINE-X to explore new blast mitigation technologies, against the backdrop of increasing homeland security concerns and anti-terrorist tactical development.
Company Profile: Headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, LINE-X serves clients directly and through a network of more than 400 corporate-trained affiliate locations across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Asia, Central and South America and Europe. Many of these locations are experts in applying PAXCON and other industrial coatings for a wide range of clients.
Proven Methods: In the early 1990s, LINE-X engineers pioneered the formulation and proper application process, paving the way for spray-on polyurethane/polyurea elastomer protective coatings to be widely used throughout the industrial and commercial markets, from corrosion resistance to blast mitigation.
Quality Control: Meeting the specific needs and demands of a wide range of industries or business sectors has given LINE-X a leadership position and unmatched experience in numerous applications. With our strict quality control procedures and a tightly integrated program of checks and balances, it’s easy to understand why LINE-X has earned its reputation as a preferred supplier of protective coatings.
We tested 27 different protective coatings, only
LINE-X passed our blast tests.”– Report U.S. Air Force Test Facility